CCR Question #1 Draft

Use of conventions:
Fonts/colors: Looking at the fonts I kept them clean and simple. With the title, my group wanted to make it a little different and create our branding. So we chose two different fonts, one cursive and one "standard". By doing this we can create some interest from people before they even open the magazine. The cursive one turned into our branding font for the bottom of the pages in our magazine. The text color throughout my magazine is just black and white. I wanted to keep it simple and allow the colors from the pictures take over and standout more to create a better meaning.
Photographs: The photographs i used are normal to the standard food magazine. My cover picture features my sister holding an iced coffee. Majority of food magazines that i looked at and researched, had food being the main focal point on the cover. By featuring a person on my cover I'm hoping to invoke more people to read it. It creates a more personal feel. I didn't just want to be like every other food magazine, i wanted to be different. My table of contents has the traditional food picture because i wanted to fit some of the norms in the industry. My article pictures feature both food and ambiance, to give a feel to what you can expect at the restaurant itself.
Photo shoots:  So my magazine is the Italian issue, so i wanted to mix up where and what i took photos of. Looking at my cover, I was actually at Epcot, Disney World Florida, and I took these photos in "Italy". I though it would be fun and interesting to take the pictures their and create a more realistic feel. My table of contents photo, i created the food and took the pictures at my house in my dinning room. One of my articles was easy at home meals so i wanted to add some at home elements. The rest of the photo shoots were done at Demetrios restaurant for the restaurant review.

The social groups represented in my magazine are old Sarasota. I say old Sarasota because majority of Sarasota is an older population and those people are interested in local food magazines. They like reviews of local restaurants and destinations but also like to just breeze through magazines. 
My sister is the only person who you can see in this magazine. I wanted to use her as m model because shes young and naturally beautiful. It can attract both older and younger people. it simple and sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3rd Quarter Submission

Audience Engagement Research- Sale & Pepe

CCR Question #2 Draft